Change UK – The Independent Group is regulated by the Electoral Commission in accordance with the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000 (PPERA).
The party will therefore only accept donations that meet the legal requirements set out in PPERA for political parties. For these purposes, a donation means any of the following:
- any gift of money or other property
- any sponsorship provided in relation to the company
- any subscription or other fee paid for affiliation to the company
- any money spent (otherwise than by or on behalf of the company) in paying any expenses incurred directly or indirectly by the company
- the provision otherwise than on commercial terms of any property, services or facilities for the use or benefit of the company (including the services of any person)
Equally, the party will only accept donations from one of the following:
- an individual registered in an electoral register
- a company
- registered under the Companies Act 2006, and
- incorporated within the United Kingdom or another member State of the EU, which carries on business in the United Kingdom
- a registered party, other than a Gibraltar party whose entry in the register includes a statement that it intends to contest one or more elections to the European Parliament in the combined region
- a trade union entered in the list kept under the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992 or the Industrial Relations (Northern Ireland) Order 1992
- a building society (within the meaning of the Building Societies Act 1986)
- a limited liability partnership registered under the Limited Liability Partnerships Act 2000 which carries on business in the United Kingdom
- a friendly society registered under the Friendly Societies Act 1974, a registered society within the meaning of the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 or a society registered (or deemed to be registered) under] the Industrial and Provident Societies Act (Northern Ireland) 1969 and
- any unincorporated association of two or more persons which does not fall within any of the preceding paragraphs but which carries on business or other activities wholly or mainly in the United Kingdom and whose main office is there.
Supporters, funders and donors
A supporter is a person who indicates their support for the Change UK – Independent Group. In order to be a supporter, you must provide your name and the address in the United Kingdom at which you are registered to vote.
A funder is a person who wishes to support the activities of the Change UK – Independent Group financially, by making a one-off or regular donation. It is important that you have read and understood this donations policy.
A donor is a person who wishes to make a donation of at least £500 to support the activities of the Independent Group of MPs. In accordance with this donations policy if you make a donation of £7500 or more we will name you as having done so.
Last updated: 22 April 2019